There are many voices in the world today speaking on behalf of women.
-We have heard the voice of what has been termed in some nations “women’s liberation” calling for equal rights for all women everywhere.
-In other nations, the voice of tradition has been raised demanding that women be kept in subjection.
-Theologians have debated extensively regarding the role of women in the Church.
-We have heard the voices of psychologists, educators, and philosophers with their various views on womanhood.
In general, concern with the subject of women has focused on their purpose and position in society. Many modern movements promoting liberation for women have overreacted to the problems and concerns faced by women.
The movement towards liberation for women is not new. It can be traced back to the first woman, Eve, who sought liberation from God’s rules. But true liberation for women comes only through Jesus Christ and recognition of the patterns and principles governing womanhood revealed in God’s Word, the Bible.
This course summarizes all the Bible teaches regarding women. It is not only a study guide, but a reference tool as it lists all the passages about women and references to all the individual women mentioned in the Word of God.
Now, “Let the earth hear His voice” on the subject of womanhood as we develop from Scripture: “Women: A Biblical Profile.”
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the history of women as revealed in the Bible.
- List the purposes for which women were created.
- Contrast the traits of the two classes of women described in Proverbs.
- Explain the role of women during the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Summarize the Biblical position of women as revealed in Acts and the Epistles.
- Document with Scripture the ministry opportunities open to Christian women.
- Summarize the book of Ruth.
- Summarize the book of Esther.
- Continue independent study of women from a Scriptural perspective.
- Communicate what you have learned to other women.
- Start a ministry to women.